Employer Identification Number on Pay Stub

As you are probably aware, everyone is required to file a report on their taxable income annually. If you are like most folks, then you are probably working for a steady salary. Your employer will send you a summary of your wages and taxes along with the Form W-2. Keep in mind that the W-2 is vital as it will be sent to the Social Security Administration. In turn, the Social Security Administration will then notify the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of your income.

However, there are cases wherein you might not get a W-2. This can happen due to a number of unforeseen circumstances such as the form being lost in the mail. It can also be due to an employer who forgot to file the necessary tax forms. These circumstances may be unfortunate but it does not free you from your responsibilities. Luckily, there is still a way for you to circumvent the problem entirely.

Filing Process

First of all, you need to inform the IRS of your situation. The best way to reach them would be through their hotline. Keep in mind that you must inform them before the 14th of February. Once you have contacted them, you will be asked to provide the necessary information including your name, address, phone number and Social Security number. In most cases, you may also need to provide your employer’s contact information as well. This is so that they can contact your employer and remind them of your W-2.

If you still haven’t received your W-2 by the 15th of April, only then should you proceed to make use of your paycheck stub to file your tax return. Keep in mind that you must first contact the IRS for help with obtaining your W-2 before you can file your taxes using your paycheck stub.

You will need to get a copy of the Form 1040 as well as the Form 4852 which is available for download at the IRS website. Keep in mind that the Form 4852 is an alternative to the Form W-2. Make sure to fill in all the necessary information, including the Employer Identification Number (EIN) of the business you are working for. In most cases, the EIN can be found on your pay stub or on your previous W-2 Form.

Make sure that the information indicated on the forms is accurate and updated. For instance, the gross income indicated in both forms should be the same as the amount shown in your pay stub.  On top of that, you should also indicate the tax withheld from your wages. Luckily, all of these appear on your pay stub so you should have no problem. Once that is done, then all you need to do is submit the completed forms to the proper authorities.

This article presents readers with specific ways you that you can file your taxes without a W-2 form. It explains how you can do this task with the information found on your year-end pay stub. Make sure that you follow these directions closely.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *